Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Motivation to create did not jump right on me in 2015.  My addiction to HGTV Fixer Upper, and Buying the Beach did not help matters.  I was ready to sell everything, move to the beach, sit on a balcony drinking wine and watch the waves.  Reality set in so I went to the garage and got a 3 x 4 foot canvas, placed it on my easel, and looked at it for about a week.  I then organized my work area and prepared it for getting in gear.  That took another week but I finally put brush to canvas and began.  It was soooooo hard.  How easy it is to quickly get out of the practice or arting.  I took process photos as I always enjoy seeing how things come together.  The painting improves and regresses many times as I struggle to express myself in my work.  A big thanks to Lyn Belisle for her continued encouragement and guidance.  Below are a FEW of the painstaking steps I took to reach my destination on my first canvas in 2015.






No comments:

Post a Comment